• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp announces he will leave club at the end of the season

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp announces he will leave club at the end of the season

0_Premier-League-considering-%C2%A310m-sweetener-to-police-over-schedule-of-huge-matches.jpg

Jurgen Klopp has been ever-present as manager of Liverpool for nearly a decade but now the German has made a huge announcement regarding his future at the Merseysiders

Jurgen Klopp has announced he will leave Liverpool at the end of the season.

The German manager joined the club in 2015, replacing the sacked Brendan Rodgers. He has gone on to entrench himself as one of the finest Premier League managers in history, guiding the Reds to their first league title in 30 years, as well as winning the Champions League, the FA Cup and the League Cup.

This news will come as a huge shock to Liverpool fans, as Klopp's contract at Anfield was not due to run out until the summer of 2026. He made the dramatic announcement in a video message circulated by Liverpool's internal media team.

He said: "I will leave the club at the end of the season. I can understand that it is a shock for a lot of people in this moment when you hear it first time but obviously I can explain it or at least try to explain it.

"I love absolutely everything about this club, I love everything about this city. I love the team, I love the staff yet I still take this decision probably shows you it is the one I have to take.

"It is that I’m running out of energy, I’ve no problem now. I know it already for longer that I will have to announce that at one point but I’m absolutely fine now.

"I know I cannot do the job again, again, again and again and after all the years we had together, the time we spent together the things we went through together, the respect grew for you, the love grew for you and the least thing I owe you is the truth and that is the truth."

Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher was one of the first to react to the news. He said: "This news was always going to be a body blow to the club whenever it came. I just thought it would be another few years away. What a manager, what a man, let’s go out with a bang Jurgen!"

In 2015, Klopp inherited a Liverpool side that had plunged down to 10th in the Premier League. However, he immediately improved them, managing to reach the League Cup Final and the League Cup Final, as well as finishing in the top four.

In his following campaign, he brought the likes of Sadio Mane, Joel Matip and Georginio Wijnaldum to the club, who went on to become part of the spine that won the Premier League and the Champions League. However, his best work would begin in the 2017/18 campaign, as the inspired signing of Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk in the January transfer window, brought the Reds to another level.

Van Dijk's arrival was funded by the decision to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona for £142m in January 2018. This fee was also reinvested into buying Alisson Becker, Naby Keita and many more.

As well as signing his new long-term contract in 2023, Klopp looked to be masterminding a new long-term project at the club. He overhauled the midfield in a huge transfer spree in the summer, which saw Alexis Mac Allister, Ryan Gravenburch and Dominik Szoboszlai arrive from Brighton and Hove Albion, Bayern Munich and RB Leipzig respectively.

This season could be another one to remember for the Reds, as they are top of the Premier League, in the League Cup Final and finished top of their group in their Europa League table. To say Liverpool fans were devastated is one of the understatements of the season.

"Enough to make a grown man cry," said one fan. "Will be off twitter for an undisclosed amount of time. I am definitely not going to cry," another added.

Former Liverpool player and Champions League winner Neil Mellor also said: "Shocked. Devastated. Knew it would happen one day but never wanted it to come. Let’s enjoy time left with one of our greatest managers."

Other fans immediately began commenting what managers they want to replace him. One fan said: "Xabi Alonso to Liverpool then," before another said: "There is only one man to replace him," while tweeting a picture of Alonso.

Incredibly, an Arsenal fan jumped in on the compliments, writing: "Will be a big loss for the league. Rivalries aside, most football supporters have always respected him and the job he has done. Hope he is in good health."

Daily Star Sunday