• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.
Portal Chamar Táxi

National Geographic Foto of the Day

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Cheetah, Kenya

October 28, 2012

[h=2]Cheetah, Kenya
[/h] Photograph by Frans Lanting, National Geographic
This Month in Photo of the Day: National Geographic Magazine Features
A male cheetah assumes a lookout pose in a fig tree in Kenya’s Masai Mara National Reserve. His prospects are sobering. Shy and aloof by nature, requiring vast spaces to live and hunt, the planet's fastest sprinters are in a race for their very survival.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Emperor Penguins, Antarctica

October 29, 2012

[h=2]Emperor Penguins, Antarctica
[/h] Photograph by Paul Nicklen, National Geographic
Emperor penguins are Olympian swimmers, capable of diving to 1,750 feet and remaining underwater 20 minutes on a single breath. "I was mesmerized by their beautiful bubble trails," says Nicklen, who braved 28°F water to capture these images.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Buzescu, Romania

October 30, 2012

[h=2]Buzescu, Romania
[/h] Photograph by Karla Gachet and Ivan Kashinsky
A fantasia of styles, from villa to temple to castle, lines the main street of Buzescu, population 5,000. Men are often away on business; women, wealthy or not, stay to cook, clean, and raise the kids.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Parrandas Festival, Cuba

October 31, 2012

[h=2]Parrandas Festival, Cuba
[/h] Photograph by Paolo Pellegrin, National Geographic
A plume of fireworks surrounds a reveler at the Parrandas, a December festival in the colonial town of Remedios, near Cuba's north coast. Two barrios compete to stage the most impressive display.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Tern Chick, Sri Lanka

November 1, 2012

[h=2]Tern Chick, Sri Lanka
[/h] Photograph by Lalith Ekanayake
This Month in Photo of the Day: 2012 National Geographic Photo Contest Images
The progeny, a solitary chick amidst the adult great crested terns, taken from a prone position with a wide-angle lens at a breeding site on a Sri Lankan island in northwestern seas.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Night Workers, Japan

November 2, 2012

[h=2]Night Workers, Japan
[/h] Photograph by Teruo Araya
Night workers prepare to board a ferry in the Japanese port of Aomori. It feels sort of ominous, as if the workers are waiting for something to emerge from the depths of the boat.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Water Patterns

November 3, 2012

[h=2]Water Patterns
[/h] Photograph by Jorgen Tharaldsen
In a world of a million water pictures, it's easy to dismiss this as "just another reflection shot." Still, this unedited image proves how unreal water can behave under certain circumstances.
Here I stand at the narrowest point of a small lake, and as usual I have thrown objects into the water to see how it behaves visually. Because the lake was so narrow, only a few meters, the circles started to recoil from land. The effect is called, to my knowledge, interference, but I have yet to see anything similar, even after all these years of throwing rocks into the water.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Kocatepe Mosque, Turkey

November 5, 2012

[h=2]Kocatepe Mosque, Turkey
[/h] Photograph by Andrew Abrahamson
Kocatepe Mosque, one of the largest in the world (holding up to 24,000 worshippers), is a modern building completed in 1987. I had been given permission to wander around and take photos during the service, although I only got up to the top balcony after it had finished and most people had gone.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Zebras, Kenya

November 7, 2012

[h=2]Zebras, Kenya
[/h] Photograph by Justin Bowen
I was lucky enough to see these two fighting zebras while crossing the Masai Mara in Kenya. We stopped our vehicle and watched as the two zebras bit, kicked, and otherwise pestered each other. The two crossed our path and then started kicking violently. I followed the pair and was able to capture this moment just before they split up and went their separate ways.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Hamar Portrait, Ethiopia

November 9, 2012

[h=2]Hamar Portrait, Ethiopia
[/h] Photograph by Pascal Mannaerts
The Hamars are a people of East Africa living in southwestern Ethiopia in a fertile area of the Omo Valley. The gracious Hamar women, freeing pride and dignity even in the midst of the bustling weekly market, are easily spotted with their characteristic outfits. They take pride in their dress and accessories and win the prize as the most decorated of the Omo people. The traditional dress code for unmarried Hamar girls includes elegant cowrie-shell collars, seeded or glass-beaded necklaces, and decorated goatskin clothing.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Umbrellas, Florence

November 14, 2012

[h=2]Umbrellas, Florence[/h] Photograph by Steve Webb
During a heavy downpour in Florence, Italy, water enhances the aged character of a road, highlighting an array of monochromatic textures. The transient, colorful umbrellas pass through the scene, all uniting and forming a striking image. Two of them unite, suggesting a closer connection, in colorful, romantic Florence.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Cyclists, India

November 17, 2012

[h=2]Cyclists, India
[/h] Photograph by Baiju Patil
I was traveling in Mumbai. I noticed that there are lots and lots of photo subjects. There is a place called Pali Hills, where people who migrated from Goa live. Their lifestyle is similar to the Goan people, and the architecture of this area is very unique. Some children were learning to ride a cycle on a busy street turn by turn.