• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.
Portal Chamar Táxi

Ryanair gaffe sparks airport 'chaos' as trapped passengers left 'in tears' over queues

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Ryanair gaffe sparks airport 'chaos' as trapped passengers left 'in tears' over queues

0_Coronavirus-Sun-Apr-5-2020.jpg

Airport passengers were trapped in queues stretching through the terminal back to the check-in desks on Friday as Ryanair didn't put enough staff on at a peak time

A Ryanair gaffe caused "chaos" at an airport on Friday, with passengers trapped inside a terminal and in tears at their gates.

"Extremely long" security delays meant that passengers missed flights, with several taking to social media to vent their fury.

Snaps from Dublin Airport showed queues stretching back as far as the check-in desks, all because Ryanair hadn't put enough staff on during one the airport's busiest times.

Their customer service team said: "Passenger notification: Due to DAA not having enough staff rostered at Dublin airport, security queues are extremely long.

"Please arrive at the airport three hours pre-departure.

"We apologise to any of our passengers affected; this is outside our control.

"If you are affected, we will try to accommodate passengers on the next available flights."

Clare O'Hanlon - who was unable to jet off to Luxembourg - said it was "chaos" and that she had never seen such long queues before, reports the Irish Mirror.

She told the publication: "There were loads of frustrated people and people in the same position who ended up not making flights.

"I've been to so many airports in my life and I've never seen anything like that.

"You would think there's a way to know this stuff in advance and what the peak time was.

"I would have presumed there was a way, logistically, to plan for that and be able to handle the amount of numbers that were due to go through."

Clare said Ryanair offered to put her on the next available plane to Luxemburg but as the times didn't suit she ended up "taking the hit" and losing both flights.

Other people at the airport around the same time described seeing passengers "crying at the gate" over the stressful situation.

One said: "@DublinAirport today more than 100 persons miss their flights because of a problem in the airport entrance to the gates. I miss my flight and hotel. A lot of money. How can I get all my money back?"

A second wrote: "@DublinAirport I missed my flight on Friday with @Ryanair due to LONG delays at security. Can you please advise where to put a complaint so we can get our money back? (Flights, hotel, car park...) Thanks."

Some people ended up paying for Fast Track access through security, but this queue soon became jammed as well.

One said: "Fast track was no better, took nearly 1.5h to get through fast track, missed the flight obviously."

A second added: "Missed my flight, nearly 1.5h in 'fast track'."

A spokesperson for the airport said passengers should arrive a minimum of two hours before their short-haul flight departs.

They told the Irish Mirror: "With passenger numbers steadily increasing at Dublin Airport, particularly at weekends and with a very busy extended St Patrick’s Holiday period ahead, we continue to advise passengers travelling on short-haul flights to arrive at the airport a minimum of two hours before the boarding of their flight and three hours before the boarding of a long-haul flight and to allow at least an extra 30 minutes if using a long term car park.

"Intending passengers should allow this time to check-in and go through security screening."

Daily Star Sunday