Notícias Paedo teacher Rebecca Joynes seen crying as she's jailed after having pupil's baby

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Paedo teacher Rebecca Joynes seen crying as she's jailed after having pupil's baby

1_JS338412151_Banner.jpg

Rebecca Joynes was jailed today after being convicted of having sex with two schoolboys, becoming pregnant by the second while on bail for having sex with the first pupil

'Sexual predator' Rebecca Joynes has been jailed today (Thursday, July 4) after being convicted of having sex with two schoolboys.

Joynes was found guilty of six sex offences at Manchester Crown Court in May. Today she was sentenced to six and a half years in jail.

Yesterday (Wednesday, July 3) Joynes was spotted spending her final hours of freedom at a retail park in Chester.

Joynes' barrister Michael O'Brien made a desperate plea to the judge to think of the disgraced teacher's child before passing sentence.

She was seen crying in the dock as judge Kate Cornell told her she "brought this on herself". The judge also accused her of showing "breathtaking gall".

She groomed the pupils from the age of 15 and was on bail for sex with the first boy, Boy A, when she got pregnant by the second boy (Boy B).

Joynes was branded 'Bunda Becky' by the pupils at the school she taught at in Liverpool and would "laugh off" inappropriate comments instead of shutting down the behaviour.

She connected with Boy A on Snapchat and he sent her flirty texts before the pair agreed to meet in secret.

The pair then had sex at her flat in Salford Quays after the teen boy lied to his mum that he was staying at a friend's house playing Fifa. Joynes warned him: "No-one had better find out."

The next day the boy's mother saw a love-bite on his neck and rumours circulated around the school about the rendezvous.

Police were called into school before Joynes was suspended from her job. She was warned not to have unsupervised contact with anyone under 18 but she then began a relationship with Boy B.

He told his parents he was going to watch a Manchester United match but instead went to Joynes' apartment, where he lost his virginity to the paedo teacher.

The pair had unprotected sex in what he described as a "friends with benefits" relationship before she fell pregnant.

In a letter to the teenage, Joynes wrote: "Every inch of you is perfect. You are all I ever dream about."

She gave birth to their son in early 2024 but the child was removed from her care within 24 hours.

In court, Joynes had a pink baby's bonnet tucked into her trousers which was visible to jurors, a "naked attempt to garner sympathy", prosecutor Joe Allman said.

Judge Connell said: "You showed breathtaking gall in breaching the bail conditions in this way and you involved Boy B in this deceit. You took steps to conceal this offending, encouraging him to lie to his parents.

"It is astonishing arrogance that you were keeping the police waiting at your door as you were restoring your phone to factory settings."

She denied any sexual activity with Boy A ever took place and claimed that sexual activity with Boy B only began after he had left school and she had been dismissed from her job, so no offence had been committed because she was no longer in a position of authority.

Joynes was convicted of six counts of engaging in sexual activity with a child, including two while being a person in a position of trust.

A victim statement from Boy B was read out in court on July 4.

He said: "I want to make people aware of how the situation impacted my life. At the time of the previous statement I was still in love with her, and struggled to come to terms with the abuse, and was in denial.

"Rebecca was in my head that much, I would argue until I was blue in the face protecting her and would not hear a bad word about her. I felt betrayed by someone I loved and felt a large sense of guilt for a long time."

As well as her prison sentence Joynes has been made subject to a restraining order against the boys and she will be forced to sign the Sex Offender's Register for life.

Daily Star Sunday