• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.
Portal Chamar Táxi

Man Utd freak Cristiano Ronaldo names age he wants to retire at - and it isn't soon

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Man Utd freak Cristiano Ronaldo names age he wants to retire at - and it isn't soon

0_MIRRORRONALDO.jpg

Ronaldo returned to Manchester United in the summer transfer window and has delivered at the top level, despite the Red Devils' disappointing season in the Premier League

Manchester United freak Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that he wants to keep playing for at least four more years, which would take him into his 40s.

Ronaldo is currently aged 36 and rejoined the Red Devils in the summer transfer window following spells at Real Madrid and Juventus.

His return to Old Trafford has not gone as well as hoped, with United currently sitting sixth in the Premier League, though Ronaldo has proven to still be an elite goalscorer.

The Portuguese superstar has scored 14 goals in all competitions for United this season and has now stated his desire to continue to play at the top level for some time to come.

Ronaldo has an infamously strict diet and training plan, reportedly eating up to six meals a day and spending hours in the gym.

And he has now admitted that he hopes that combination will allow him to keep on playing into his 40s.

“I've been working and focusing more on working on my mind. I know my body will handle me because I have a lot of respect for it and I listen to it a lot,” he told ESPN Brasil.

“Life has to have important moments, for better or for worse, but when you fall you must have the strength to get up. I'm happy, I want to stay here and see what will happen.

“I want to find out if I'm going to play until I'm 40, 41, or 42, but the most important thing is that my daily goal is to enjoy the moment.”

While some would expect that the main problem facing Ronaldo would be to do with his body’s ability to handle professional sport, the Portuguese star instead believes it will be a battle of his mind.

“I feel happy to be a player who has shown who, in my case, longevity has been a crucial factor for me to keep playing at a high level, putting in good performances,” he added.

Daily Star Sunday