• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Loch Ness Monster finally ’found’ as skipper spots mysterious image on sonar

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Loch Ness Monster finally ’found’ as skipper spots mysterious image on sonar

1_NessieBANNER.jpg

Shaun Sloggie believes he has picked up the elusive Loch Ness monster Nessie lurking deep below the surface of the Highlands loch using sonar in the latest bombshell sighting of Nessie

A seasoned Loch Ness skipper believes he has finally found proof 'Nessie' exists after capturing its shape on sonar.

Shaun Sloggie, 30, said the mysterious object was lurking at 98-metres of the murky loch, which is renowned worldwide for being the home of the elusive Loch Ness monster.

Shaun said he’s “never seen anything like” the discovery, which appears to have the same shape as the eel-like creature that hundreds of people have reported seeing in the Scottish freshwater loch.

READ MORE: 'Unknown animal' with 'eight foot long' body spotted poking out of waters at Loch Ness

Click for more of the latest news from the Daily Star.

Shaun said his sonar picked up the unprecedented object while he was cruising Loch Ness with maritime pilot Liam McKenzie, 29, on September 22.

He said modern sonar technology, which uses sound waves to 'see' in the water, picked up a shape that was elongated and appeared to have air pockets - which looks just like the famous legendary creature.

Shaun works for Cruise Loch Ness, which help visitors experience the sights, wildlife and history of the famous Loch Ness, and has been monitoring the loch for nearly a decade.

The size and shape of the object has led the team to speculate about its potential link to the legendary creature, long thought to resemble a plesiosaur.

Shaun said: "We've got fish that shouldn't be here, creatures that predate the dinosaurs, huge creatures on the sonar and unknown codes of DNA - so there's definitely a mystery.

"[It's the] strangest thing that I have ever seen on sonar in my life. When I put that image on the screen, you can feel the chill on-board. We are not a sonar experts and I don’t know what it is, and I can’t tell you how big it is.“

The team returned to the site to investigate further but said the object had mysteriously vanished.

Bizarrely, the last major sonar contact in Loch Ness took place nearly four years ago to the day, on September 24, 2020. And it comes a year after a photographer released photos she believes show the Scottish folklore is true.

Chie Kelly, 52, captured a large eel-like creature slowly spinning and moving on the surface before disappearing below the water while visiting the Highlands in 2018.

She did not share them at the time out of fear of public ridicule.

The translator, of Fortrose, Scotland, said at the time: “I have always believed there was something in Loch Ness. There is something unusual there, but I don’t know what it is.

“What I saw looked like a serpent. It was definitely a creature and it was moving.”

The first reported sighting of the monster is said to have been made in AD565 by the Irish missionary St Columba when he came across a giant beast in the River Ness.

Many images of the mythical creature - including a famous photograph taken in 1934 by Colonel Robert Kenneth Wilson - have proven to be fakes.

Other sightings include James Gray's picture from 2001 when he and friend Peter Levings were out fishing on the Loch, while namesake Hugh Gray's blurred photo of what appears to be a large sea creature was published in the Daily Express in 1933.

In 2019, 'Nessie expert' Steve Feltham, who has spent 24 years watching the Loch, said he thought Nessie was actually a giant Wels Catfish, native to waters near the Baltic and Caspian seas in Europe.

Daily Star Sunday