• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.
Portal Chamar Táxi

How Prem table would look without Erling Haaland's goals for Man City - with new top four

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
How Prem table would look without Erling Haaland's goals for Man City - with new top four

0_Arsenal-FC-v-Manchester-City-Premier-League.jpg

With a different leader and a new-look top four - the current Premier League table would be a contrasting place in an alternate reality where Erling Haaland hadn't scored a single goal

Manchester City would be a long way from the top of the Premier League without the goals of Erling Haaland - with Arsenal already champions.

The Norwegian sensation has smashed the previous record for goals in a single season with 36 from just 33 matches with City on course for a fifth title from six seasons.

The 22-year-old has proved to be the difference in the battle for the title - but have you ever wondered how the season might've played out if he hadn't decided to join City from Borussia Dortmund last summer?

The alternate table, calculated by NJ.bet, has Mikel Arteta's Gunners as the champions with Newcastle, Manchester United and Liverpool in the top four.

City would be in fifth place with three fixtures remaining, a point behind Jurgen Klopp's men and at risk of playing in the Europa League the following season.

Despite that, City would've still scored more goals than United's 51 with 56 from their rest of their stars - with Haaland scoring against 16 of 19 opponents with Brentford and Chelsea still to come.

In the real world, City sit four points above Arsenal at the top of the table with a game in hand, needing only one more victory to secure the title with a Treble up for grabs.

Haaland has also already been named as the Football Writers' Association player of the year, with 52 goals across 48 games in all competitions.

"To win the Football Writers’ Award in my first season in English football is an honour," Haaland said.

"I try every single day to be the best I can be, and to be recognised like this means a lot to me.

"I have loved my time at City so far – my team-mates are incredible, and they provide me with the chances to score goals. I want to thank all of them, because I could not have won this award without them.

"I also owe so much to Pep and the team behind the team here at City. Everybody has been so good to me since I joined and I have never worked with such top professionals."

Daily Star Sunday