• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.
Portal Chamar Táxi

Chelsea fans want Lionesses star Lauren James to replace brother after World Cup brace

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Chelsea fans want Lionesses star Lauren James to replace brother after World Cup brace

5_REECE.jpg

Lauren James - sister of Chelsea's men's player Reece - scored in the 41st and 65th as the Lionesses swept China aside 6-1 in their Group D finale in Adelaide

Chelsea fans have cheekily called for Lauren James to replace her brother in the Blues' men's team after her stunning World Cup brace against China.

James scored in the 41st and 65th as the Lionesses swept China aside in their Group D finale in Adelaide. She also weighed in with three assists. After 1-0 wins over Haiti and Denmark, England cruised through to the knockout round as group winners.

James, who also had a goal ruled out by VAR, once again impressed on the international stage, with some Chelsea supporters jokingly calling for her to step into the men’s team for her brother.

“I’m taking Lauren James over Reece, I’ll be real,” said one. Another added: “Lauren James is better than her brother Reece James [laughing face emoji].”

After her second goal, a sumptuous first-time volley, one fan quipped: “Woah, I bet Reece can't do that. What a baller Lauren James is.”

One lauded: “That technique is unreal.” A fifth said: "There’s a feeling watching Lauren James at this World Cup that you only get when you’re seeing a genuine sensation coming to the fore."

Another added: "So Lauren James has 2 goals and 3 assists in the game. She's the goat at the moment."

England went on to win 6-1 with the other goals coming from Alessia Russo, Chloe Kelly and Rachel Daly. The Lionesses will face Nigeria in the round of 16 on Monday.

Speaking after the game, James, who now has three goals in the tournament, said: "It's what dreams are made of. Happy for the team, everyone is buzzing. We are looking forward to the next round.

"I felt free [playing in the number 10 role]. Whether I'm on the wing or in the middle, I'm happy to be playing and contributing to goals."

On her stunning second goal, she added: "Like last game, I just thought 'hit it and see what happens. It was frustrating [to have a goal disallowed] but those things happen.

"I'm just looking forward to the next one. Each game, I'm looking to get better and there are many more years of improvement. I just have to stay focused."

Daily Star Sunday