• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Bruno Fernandes hauled in for Erik ten Hag talks about his 'weapon' after captaincy call

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Bruno Fernandes hauled in for Erik ten Hag talks about his 'weapon' after captaincy call

0_Manchester-United-v-Real-Betis-Round-of-16-Leg-One-UEFA-Europa-League.jpg

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag has insisted he won't be taking the captain's armband off Bruno Fernandes - who he has urged to take control of his emotions

Erik ten Hag has held talks with Bruno Fernandes to ensure he keeps a cool head and uses his emotions as a weapon.

The Manchester United boss revealed his discussions with the stand-skipper as he looks to get the best out of the Portuguese star. Fernandes was heavily criticised for his petulance in his side’s thrashing by Liverpool last weekend but was the star of the show as United beat Real Betis 4-1 on Thursday.

Ten Hag said: “His emotion is his weapon but sometimes it's too strong and, yes, of course I help him, I support him and I give him feedback.”

Fernandes scored and set up two goals in the Europa League win on Thursday. He did lose control at one point when he caught Betis keeper Claudio Bravo as he tried to chase down a loose ball.

But ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Southampton, Ten Hag praised Fernandes’ leadership. He said: “Sometimes, he has to show more control of his emotions and that will help him to stay rational in the game.

“He has to fight the balance - when to use the rational and when to use the emotion. But I'm very pleased with his captaincy, because he's given the team energy.

“He's not only given the physical output, the best of the whole team, but also running the right direction, coaching the team and leading the team in a tactical perspective.”

United are reliant on Fernandes being a creative force in their attack and he showed his best in the European game in midweek.

Ten Hag added: “I think he showed a big personality by giving this performance and leading the team, so it was brilliant.

"I think he has so much skill and now is scoring with his head from a corner. He scores with his right, with his left, with his head and he's creating with final passes.

"Of course, he's very happy when he scores a goal, because that’s important. Then you can celebrate and he did that together with his fans."

Daily Star Sunday