• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.
Portal Chamar Táxi

Bruno Fernandes becomes Man Utd's new captain as fans hail decision as 'deserved'

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Bruno Fernandes becomes Man Utd's new captain as fans hail decision as 'deserved'

2_Manchester-United-v-Arsenal-FC-Premier-League.jpg

Bruno Fernandes has been officially confirmed as the new captain of Manchester United after it was stripped from Harry Maguire - and supporters are all for it

Bruno Fernandes has been officially confirmed as the new captain of Manchester United - to the delight of fans.

The Portugal international has been selected by Erik ten Hag to replace Harry Maguire in the role after the England man slipped down the pecking order, as a fan posted in response: "Congratulations Bruno, well deserved"

A second posted: "The strength of the team is the strength of the leaders. Congrats Bruno." a third agreed: "Congratulations Bruno. Very well deserved. No more pretending now."

A fourth said: "Last season you showed what a fantastic leader you are & you will continue to be a great captain for us."

The full club statement reads: "Bruno Fernandes has been named as the new club captain of Manchester United.

"The Portuguese midfielder has already worn the armband for United on numerous occasions and Erik ten Hag has confirmed that he will now lead the team on a permanent basis.

"Fernandes has scored 64 goals and contributed 54 assists in just 185 games for the club since joining in 2020.

"As captain, the two-time Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year will continue to drive the highest standards throughout the squad as United push for success in the 2023/24 season and beyond."

Fernandes, 28, is no stranger to wearing the armband with Maguire watching on from the bench for large periods of last season.

The former Leicester man was told of the decision by his manager earlier this summer before he released an emotional statement.

It read: "After discussions with the manager today he has informed me he is changing captain. He outlined his reasons to me and whilst I’m personally extremely disappointed, I will continue to give my all every time I wear the shirt.

"So I wanted to say a massive thank you to the Manchester United fans for all their brilliant support whilst I’ve been wearing the armband."

United fans are now looking forward to the new season and their return to Champions League football, having won silverware last season in the form of the League Cup.

Before the Premier League gets underway, United have pre-season contests against Arsenal, Wrexham and Real Madrid among others.

Daily Star Sunday